The UMass English grad website is a wiki site — meaning that it is controlled and edited directly by its members. Any UMass English grad student or alum can become a member. You can use the site to find out about what's going on in the department and get advice on surviving grad school. As a member, you have the ability to shape the site in any way you want, including:
- writing about your experiences as a graduate student, academic or otherwise,
- introducing yourself to the grad student community by posting a bio and providing links to your blog or website,
- sharing ideas with other graduate teachers by posting your syllabus,
- advertising social or academic events,
- using the Discussion Board to talk directly to other grad students, brainstorm ideas, advertise events, look for roommates, or sell things.
I just joined the English Grad website. What do I do now?
Getting started is easy. Once you are a member, you'll see action buttons at the bottom right of every page.
To develop or edit pages:
- Click edit.
- Type or paste your thoughts into the edit window.
- Click save.
How Do I Stay Updated?
Keep up with RSS
See here for more about how RSS works.
Follow EGO on Twitter
EGO's Twitter page includes RSS from News and Events, the Discussion Board's Classifieds, and the Blog.
Friend EGO on Facebook:
EGO's Facebook status updates include RSS from News and Events, the Discussion Board's Classifieds, and the Blog.
Haven’t joined yet?
Go to the Join page and type in the department password if you know it or apply for membership.