EGO Minutes 9/12
- Issues GEO is taking up this semester:
- family housing increased rates
- for some people the birth control pill continues to cost over $10; keep receipts for reimbursement
- remember to enroll in dental/vision: that process is now open. Coverage begins Nov 1
- Linda Haines at Accounts Payable is the person to talk to for reimbursements once you’ve spent over $250 on your prescription expenses.
- For more information on GEO’s work: http://www.geouaw.org/
EGO EVENTS (FALL 2011)
9/26, 2pm: Intro to Professional Development (PDS)
10/11, 2pm: EGO Monthly Meeting
10/24, 2pm: Applying to Conferences (PDS)
11/7, 2pm: EGO Monthly Meeting
11/14, 2pm: Attending Conferences (PDS)
12/5, 2pm: EGO Monthly Meeting
End of semester party: TBA
PDS for the Spring: Looking for a Summer Job, Managing Research Through Tools like Zotero and EndNote, Applying for Fellowships/Outside Funding, Publishing Articles and Book Reviews
Grad Student Colloquia: LS will coordinate schedules/presenters. We might want to talk with Comp folks to see how CompShare works as a model and what we can glean from it. KM and NQ have a meeting with Joe Bartolomeo (Monday, 10 am tentatively) and Stephen Clingman (TBD).
EGO Bulletin/Booster: AW will coordinate a monthly bulletin.