1323103443|%e %b %Y, %H:%M %Z|agohover
EgO at UMass
Spring 2012 PDS topics
- Advisory Session PDS, Areas PDS, Job Market PDS (spearheaded by Joe Black and Jocelyn Almeida-Beveridge), Summer Jobs PDS, Managing Research PDS
- Department-sponsored (mixed faculty/grad students) or regular PDS format (only graduate students)? A PDS-like “supersession” workshop, co-led by students and professors: trying to get department to provide a space for talking about important department issues applicable to all.
- CO-DEPT/EGO SUPERSESSION TOPICS: advisory session and areas, job market, a day in the life of a professor
- The Voice: Grad student Newspaper is now soliciting articles that pertain to graduate student life.
- GSS meeting updates: increase in graduate fee passed, constitution ratified. Healthcare Rally, pharmacy closed/UHS hours reduced.
- GEO increase in graduate stipend ($21.24)
- Last PDS: Attending Conferences (Mon, 11/14)
- Conference Committee Bake Sale (Mon, 11/21)
- End of semester party (Ye Olde Watering Hole 7 pm December 8th, 2011)
Graduate Studies Committe Follow-Up
- COURSES: Fall 2012 mostly 700s, Spring 2013 mostly 800s.
- Advisory session doesn’t have to include period requirements
- Department Website Recommendations: department can offer a graduate student assistantship?; EGO should have a stronger web presence with more prominent link to EGO on website; current and previous graduate student list; graduate students’ achievements, recent dissertation titles and committee chairs