What is EGO?
The UMass Amherst English Graduate Organization (EGO) is a student-run organization dedicated to enhancing the academic experience of all English graduate students here at UMass Amherst. The goals of EGO are advocacy for graduate students with and to the faculty, enhanced communication within the graduate student community, and professionalization of the English graduate body. EGO also seeks to coordinate its activities with other English department committees such as the Graduate Studies Committee, and to deliver graduate students’ ideas and concerns to these other committees.
What is the EGO Wiki?
The UMass English grad website is a wiki site — meaning that it is controlled and edited directly by its members. Any UMass English grad student or alum can become a member. You can use the site to find out about what's going on in the department and get advice on surviving grad school. As a member, you have the ability to shape the site in any way you want, including:
- writing about your experiences as a graduate student, academic or otherwise,
- introducing yourself to the grad student community by posting a bio and providing links to your blog or website,
- sharing ideas with other graduate teachers by posting your syllabus,
- advertising social or academic events,
- using the Discussion Board to talk directly to other grad students, brainstorm ideas, advertise events, look for roommates, or sell things.
- Log in to edit pages.
- Use the edit buttons at the bottom of the page to make changes.
- Create a new page by typing [[[new page name]]] on any editable page.
- For more help, visit our help pages.
- Join the UMass EGO wiki.